Monday, December 23, 2013

Beach Bum

     Hello everyone I am tired of Christmas cards, so I decided to post a beach scene.  This is not Stampin Up and I did not use the Cricut.  I did use the Cuttlebug as an embosser and Die cutter.  This is a shaker card.  One of my favorites.  I love using the sand, I think it makes this card.  I also used a die cut starfish in with the sand as a point of interest.  I used the Gamasol technique with pencils to color in the stamped image.  The flip flops are an EK success punch.  I truly hope you like it.  It is very different than what you are used to seeing from me.  This would be very easy to replicate with Stampin Up products. 


  
Day at the Beach




       This is a A2 size card 5 1/2x4 1/4.  I used the Oval framelits of three sizes. The clear celaphane was from the back of a stamp set.  The stamped image was adhered to the celaphane with foam tape, and it made a complete seal so that the sand doesn't shake out.  Glue dot the celephane on the card first, then place foam tape all along the edge of celephane, put small amount of sand and starfish in center of celephane, remove backing from tape and place stamped image on tape.  Tah-Dah a shaker card.  Hope you enjoy the card.

Have a creative day.

Steffani

3 comments :

  1. What embossing folder did you use for the outer frame?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get the stamp set from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a free digital stamp image. Just google digi stamps freebies, and you should see it. They are great resources if you have never used them I think you will enjoy.

    ReplyDelete