Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Bart's Belated Birthday Wish

     So I have gotten the Circle Card Thinlit die back out,  so if you have followed my Blog for long you know that I love to create characters out of the Circle Card Thinlit.  I was watching the TV last night and while flipping channels I came across Bart Simpson, and it hit me I could make a card that looked like him very easily and we all have the pre-teen or teenager that loves 'The Simpsons'.  We all also need a good belated birthday card in our stash, so this card kills to birds with one stone.  I have taken a few pictures of the making of the card so hopefully it will answer some of the questions that I get on the making of this type of card. So here we go.


Belated Birthday Bart




Supplies Needed
  • Daffodil Delight, Basic Black, and Whisper White card stock.
  • Momento Black, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, and Daffodil Delight ink
  • Remembering Your Birthday, and See Ya Later Stamp Sets.
  • 2 1/2", 1 3/4", 1 1/4", 1/2" circle punch, Owl Punch, Hole punch, and Project life corner punch.
  • Circle Card Thinlit, Circle Collection and Oval Collection Framelits.
  • Scissors, Sponge Daubers.

Step One


     The first thing you do is to cut out all pieces needed. The small Black circles are from 1/2" circle punch,  The second smallest circle from the Owl punch, and the smallest is from hole punch.  The straight line is just 2' Strip cut at 1/8" wide. and the crescent shape is done with the 1/2" punch. Cut out card and oval is the smallest oval framelit.

Step Two

      The next step is to turn card over the back is now the front and fold as seen above.  Next cut 1/8" off each side of oval, and with sponge daubers edge around oval with Daffodil Delight ink. Glue all of the small black circles to white circles and the crescent shape to end of strip, as shown above.

Step Three

    I then took my scissors and with the card folded started cutting small V's in the top to mimic his hair.  Assemble all the pieces as seen in above picture,  Trim the excess Strip and then use the corner punch on the bottom two corners and TaDa........... BART SIMPSON............ The sentiment was stamped and cut out with 2 1/4" circle framelit and the Black circle was punched with the 2 1?2" punch.


     I truly hope that the pictures helped I have tried videos and do  not like any of the outcomes so I will continue to try to post pictures when I can.

As always thank you for stopping by and taking a look.  Please feel free to leave a comment. If you would like any of the supplies you see above you can get them through my BFF and demonstrator Becky Crain at here web page  www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/beckycrain

1 comment :